Blog

ESTATE DIRECTOR CHARGED WITH FORGING WILL.

0
Samuel Ngugi Ndinguri before court where he denied forging a will of deceased boss. /PHOTO BY S.A.N.

BY IRENE ONYANGO.

A 58 year old businessman has been charged with forging a Will to his deceased boss.

Samuel Ngugi Ndinguri was charged alongside the deceased second born daughter Dinta Devani Pathania, Abhay Sigh Pathania and Addah Nduta Ndambuki.

They appeared before Milimani Chief Magistrate Susan Shitubi and denied the charges of conspiracy to defeat the course of justice, forgery, uttering false document and false swearing.

According to the charge sheet, the four allegedly conspired on June 5, 2019 and forged the Will of Balkrishna Ramji Haribhai Devani.

The court was informed that they committed the offence jointly with others not before court and at an unknown place.

They were further accused of intermeddling with the estate by transferring the shares of Pelikan Signs Limited without express authority.

The charge stated that they committed the offence on 11th November, 2019 at the offices of the Registrar of Companies, Sheria House in
Nairobi county while not the administrator to the estate of the late Devani.

Dinta was charged with intermeddling in transferring the shares of Silverstar Properties Ltd at the offices of the Registrar of Companies, Sheria House while not the administrator to the estate of the late Devani.

According to the police report, Ngugi had been appointed the Director of the late Devani’s estate before he conspired with his daughter.

The court issued warrant of arrest Dinta, Singh and Nduta for failing to appear in court for plea taking without prior communication.

Ngugi was released on a bond of Sh 3Million or an alternative cashbail of Sh 1Million plus 2 contact persons pending pre trial.

The case will be mentioned on May 6.

LADS CAUGHT ON CAMERA HANGING PRECARIOUSLY IN A MOVING VEHICLE PLEADS GUILTY.

0
Peter Igandwa Aggrey and Peleg Mosongo Monari before court where they pleaded guilty. /PHOTO BY S.A.N.

BY SAM ALFAN.

Two men captured hanging precariously in a fast moving vehicle have been charged with riding dangerously.

Peter Igandwa Aggrey and Peleg Mosongo Monari appeared before Milimani Traffic Principal Magistrate Martha Nanzushi and pleaded guilty to the charges.

The duo was captured in a video that has since gone viral riding on Mombasa Road as the high-end vehicle sped away.

The charges against the 23 year old Igandwa and Mosongo, 20 were that they rode dangerously by sitting on the door of a Mercedes Benz.

They are accused of committing the offense on April 20, 2024 at about 1500hrs along Mombasa road in Nairobi County.

They will remain in prison until Monday pending probation report to be produced before being sentenced.

POLITICIAN IN TROUBLE FOR IMPERSONATING ANTI-GRAFT OFFICER.

0
Kitui parliamentary aspirant Millitonic Mwendwa Kitute before Milimani Anti-Corruption Magistrate. /PHOTO BY S.A.N.

BY SAM ALFAN.

A politician has been arraigned before a Nairobi court over allegations of impersonating an officer from the anti-corruption agency.

However, Millitonic Mwendwa Kitute te was released by the court on condition that he will be reporting to the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission once every week, pending conclusion of investigations.

The agency is seeking to investigate eight phones confiscated from Kitute who has allegedly refused to give them a password to access the gadget the agency believes to contain key information.

In an earlier application before Milimani Anti-Corruption Magistrate, the anti-graft body sought to detain the suspect for 14 days as they conclude investigations.

“I am apprehensive that the Respondent given an opportunity shall go into hiding, influence witnesses and also tamper with the evidence in order to scuttle the investigations,” says the investigator.

He submitted that for purposes of the ongoing investigations, it was necessary for the said respondent to be held in custody for a period of at least Fourteen (14) days to enable the conclusion of the investigation.

The court heard that the Commission is undertaking investigations against Kitute for the offence of Impersonating an EACC investigator.

“The said respondent(Kitute) was arrested in Kitui on 20th April 2024 after hot pursuit following a complaint that was made to the EACC,” agency investigator.

The court heard that preliminary investigations by the Commission reveal that Kitute is a serial fraudster seeking for benefit from members of the public on the guise of being an employee of EACC.

The anti-graft agency said it commenced investigations in respect of the said suspicious activities and thus necessary that the Commission be given more time in order to conduct a thorough investigation and call for information from members of the public who have fallen victim.

“The Commission is undertaking investigations against the respondent for the offence of Impersonating Ethics and Anti-Corruption (EACC) investigator contrary to Section 34 of the Anti-Corruption and Economic Crimes Act, 2003,” says the commission.

Kitute was arrested in Kitui on 20th April 2024 after hot pursuit following a complaint that was made to the EACC.

The Commission has commenced investigations in respect of the said suspicious activities and thus it is necessary that the Commission is given more time in order to conduct a thorough investigation and call for information from members of the public who have fallen victim.

The agency told the court that despite the request to Kitute to give the passwords to the said electronic devices, he has neglected or refused to reveal the same hence the importance of the court to make an order compelling him to give the same.

“I urge this Court to compel the Respondent (Kitute) to provide to the Investigating Officer passwords to the following electronic devices that in his possession and that were recovered from him which will aid in the speedy conclusion of the investigation, ” said investigation.

FORMER CS ECHESA CHARGED WITH ATTEMPT TO EXTORT SH1.5 BILLION FROM GOVERNOR BARAZA.

0
Former Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Echesa before Kibera court. /PHOTO BY S.A.N.

BY NT CORRESPONDENT.

Former Sports Cabinet Secretary Rashid Echesa has been charged with demanding Sh250 million from Kakamega Governor Fernandez Barasa by falsely accusing the Governor for kidnapping him.

Echesa appeared before Kibera Magistrate Senior Principal Magistrate Monica Maroro and denied the charges.

The former CS is charged alongside businessman Joseph Waswa alias SSP Kiprop but was not present in court to plead to the charges.

The two are accused that on 18th March this year while at unknown place jointly with others not before court with intent to defraud conspired by falsely accusing Governor Baraza of kidnapping Echesa.

They demanded for Sh250 million in order to drop false accusation against him.

Echesa alone is charged with obtaining Sh10 million from the Governor by falsely pretending that he was in position to delete some alleged inappropriate photos and video clips of him found in a ‘gadget’ confiscated from the Muslim holy man babu yusuf Milale.

The two are also accused of attempting to extort Sh1. 5 billion from the Kakamega county boss by threatening him that he will be accused of kidnapping the former CS if their demand was not met.

Waswa alias SSP Kiprop is facing charges of cyber harrassment.

He is charged that on 19th day of March this year at unknown place while using WhatsApp number 0723****66 he sent a WhatsApp message “Bure by saa inne i will have circulated all ur nude photos kwa hizo WhatsApp groups?” to the Governor number the information he knew that would be detrimentally affect him.

He was released on a cash bail of Sh500, 000.

MAN CLAIMING TO BE A DIRECTOR OF LEADING HUMANITARIAN NGO CHARGED WITH SH291 MILLION FRAUD.

0
Seth Orinda who allegedly obtained Sh291 million by falsely presenting himself as the director of Development Aid Africa before court. /PHOTO BY S.A.N.

BY SAM ALFAN.

A man pretending to be a director of a leading humanitarian Non Governmental Organization has been charged with obtaining goods worth over Sh 291 million.

Seth Orinda appeared before Milimani Senior Principal Magistrate Robinson Ondiek and denied the charges.

Orinda is accused that on diverse dates between 7th of August and 28th November last year at MOL logistics in Embakasi in Nairobi jointly with others not before court with intent to defraud obtained food stuffs worth Sh291, 160,000.

He obtained the goods from Frontline Tarkipa Media Limited by falsely pretending that he was director of Development Aid Africa who were to pay for the goods.

The goods include, 23,000 90kgs bags of white maize and 8,500 jericans of 20 litres Pika cooking oil.

Prosecution further charged Orinda with unlawfully making a contract agreement with the logo of Development Aid Africa purporting it to be a true contract agreement originating from a registered NGO called Development Aid Africa.

He is alleged to have committed this offense on the 8th August, 2023 along General Mathenge Road in Westlands, Nairobi, jointly with others not before court and with intent to defraud.

Orinda is further charged with unlawfully making two purchase orders NO. 000114 and 000115 with the logo of Development Aid Africa purporting it to be true purchase orders originating from a registered NGO called Development Aid Africa.

He is further charged with uttering the fraudulent contract agreement and purchase orders with the logo and stamp for Development Aid Africa dated 7th August 2023 which had been made by Seth Orinda without lawful authority.

The court also heard that on diverse dates between 7th August, and 28th November, 2023 along General Mathenge Road in Westlands, with intent to defraud Frontline Tarkipa Media Limited the said goods,Orinda falsely presented himself as the director Development Aid Africa.

AMERICAN CHARGED WITH PERJURY AND FORGERY FOR INVESTMENT AGREEMENT.

0
Mohamed Yasin Botan before a Nairobi Court where he denied forging investment agreement. /PHOTO BY S.A.N.

BY NT CORRESPONDENT.

A US businessman has been charged Before a Nairobi Magistrate court with perjury and forging an investment agreement.

Mohamed Yasin Botan appeared before Milimani Senior Principal Magistrate Robinson Ondieki and denied the charges.

He is accused that on 11th January this year at Milimani Commercial Court in Nairobi, jointly with others not before court, with intent to deceive, they forged an investment agreement dated 1st January 2021 for Habsom Investment company limited purporting it to ve genuine agreement signed by Bashir Hussein Abdisalam and Abdi Osman Jumaa, the directors of Habsom.

Prosecution charged Botan with fraudulently uttering the said agreement presented at Milimani Commercial Court, purporting it to be genuine.

The court heard that Botan, in a sworn affidavit before Chesikaw and Kipkorir Advocates, a commissioner of oaths and filed in a judicial proceeding suit No. COMMSU E017 of 2024 at Milimani Commercial, he knowingly gave false testimony touching on the matter which was material to a question then pending in that civil suit.

The accused is alleged to have committed the offense on 11th January 2024 at Milimani Commercial Court in Nairobi, jointly with others not before court and with intent to deceive.

He was released on a bond of Sh 300,000 plus one surety of a similar amount.

He was ordered to deposit his traveling documents in court to ensure he does not leave the jurisdiction of the court.

THIKA CLUB WAITER, OWNER, AND PATRONS GUILTY OF POISONING FORMER JUJA MP GEORGE THUO.

0
Club Porkies owner Paul Wainaina Boiyo alias Sheki, Thuo’s aide Christopher Lumbazio Andika alias Lumba, DJs Andrew Karanja Wainaina and Samuel Kuria Ngugi alias Visi, Esther Ndinda Mulinge, a waiter, and a patron, Ruth Watahi Irungu alias Atlanta before High Court Criminal Division./PHOTO BY S.A.N.

BY SAM ALFAN.

The owner and waiters of “Porkies” club in Thika have been found guilty of poisoning former Juja MP George Thuo.

Together with five employees of his Club, Paul Wainaina was found guilty over the murder of the former Juja MP.

The five are Boiyo alias Sheki, Christopher Lumbazio Andika alias Lumba, DJs Andrew Karanja Wainaina and Samuel Kuria Ngugi alias Visi, Esther Ndinda Mulinge, a waiter, and a patron, Ruth Watahi Irungu alias Atlanta.

Justice Roslyn Korir, who delivered the judgement today after several postponement, ruled that the prosecution adduced sufficient evidence to prove charges against the six.

Judge Korir agreed with doctors’ reports that the former MP’s cause of death was haemorrhagic gastroenteritis due to poisoning.

The poison was identified as Cyhalothrine pesticide, which the Judge said would lead to death in five to ten minutes once ingested into the body.

The poison was traced in his liver, kidney, and the shirt the ex-MP was wearing on the material day.

In the decision, the judge found that the forensic evidence clearly showed Thuo consumed a poisioned laced drink at Porkies club.

The judge also said the prosecution evidence did not show any of the accused had the poison, but that alone would not exenorate them if there was any circumstancial evidence linking them to the murder.

“Poison is a chemical weapon. I reject the submission that they would be acquitted if they are not found in possession of the poison,” said the judge in her decision.

TWO CHARGED WITH STEALING GAMING EQUIPMENT WORTH OVER SH1. 2 MILLION FROM EX-DCI KINOTI SON SHOP.

0
Luis Bobura Nyawira Otieno and Stephen Wafula Okoni before court./PHOTO BY S.A.N.

BY NT CORRESPONDENT.

Two people have been charged with breaking and stealing equipments worth Sh1. 2 million from the shop belonging to former DCI George Kinoti son Anthony Kinoti.

Luis Bobura Nyawira Otieno and Stephen Wafula Okoni appeared before Milimani Senior Principal Magistrate Robinson Ondieki and denied the charges.

The two are alleged to have broken and entered into the shop of former DCI son shop at Hison Plaza 2rd floor at Quebec gaming lounge.

They stole, Nine (9) Playstation 5, 2. Two (2) Playstation 4, 3. Twenty (20) PlayStation Pads. 4. Thirty five (35) gaming disks. All valued and totalling to Sh. 1,260,000, The property of Anthony Kinoti.

They will remain in custody.

BUSINESSMAN CHARGED WITH STEALING 6.8 MILLION FROM KNH.

0
Businessman Samuel Ndothya before court where he denied stealing millions from Kenyatta National Hospital./PHOTO BY IRENE ONYANGO.

BY NT CORRESPONDENT.

A man has been charged with stealing Sh6.8 from Kenyatta National Hospital.

Samuel Ndothya appeared before Milimani Senior Principal Magistrate Robinson Ondieki and denied stealing millions from the national hospital.

Ndothya is accused that on 7th day of June last year at Equity Bank, Kenyatta Avenue branch in Nairobi, jointly with others not before court stole Sh6, 833,930. 10 from Kenyatta National Hospital.

He is further charged with forging a notification of award Tender supply and delivery of building materials of Sh14, 299,546. 00 purporting to be genuine notification issued by KNH.

He is also charged with conspiracy to defraud to defraud KNH millions.

He wwas released on a bond of Sh and alternative cash bail of Sh

FAKE EMPLOYEES OF WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME IN COURT OVER SH220 MILLION GOODS FRAUD.

0
Margaret Wanjiku Kuria and Serah Gatiri Gathura before court. /PHOTO BY IRENE ONYANGO.

BY SAM ALFAN.

Two women pretending to be employees of World Food Programme who obtained goods worth over Sh 220 million from Frontline Tarkipa Media Limited have been charged.

Margaret Wanjiku Kuria and Serah Gatiri Gathura appeared before Milimani Senior Principal Magistrate Robinson Ondieki and denied the charges.

Wanjiku and Gatiri are accused that on diverse dates between 7th January and 4th April this year in Nairobi, jointly with others not before court conspired to defraud Frontline Tarkipa Media Ltd.

According to the prosecution charge sheet, the goods includes 9,903 (90kgs) bags of white maize, 9450 cartons of 25×800 grams of menengai bar soap, 9,700 jericans of 20 litres pika cooking oil and 4,400 50kgs bags of brown sugar.

They are further charged with obtaining 9,903 (90kgs) bags of white maize, 9450 cartons of 25×800 grams of menengai bar
soap, 9,700 jericans of 20 litres pika cooking oil and 4,400 50kgs bags of
brown sugar from Frontline Tarkipa Media Ltd.

They obtained goods by falsely pretending that they were employees of the World Food Programme, which was to pay the said items.

They were released on a bond of Sh 2 million with an alternative cashbail of Sh 500,000.

The matter will be mentioned on the 30th of this month.