NYS SCANDAL SUSPECTS TO CHALLENGE TRIAL AT A HIGHER COURT.

0
1178

nys

Some of eleven suspects connected to the loss of Sh791 million youth money at Milimani law courts on Tuesday July 12,2016.
BY SAM ALFAN.

Eleven suspects connected to the loss of Sh791 million youth money will move to the Court of Appeal to stop charges of money laundering.

This is after the High Court dismissed a suit challenging the same charges.

They told the lower court that they had filed a notice to appeal the matter.

High Court pronounced that it would not be prejudicial if the suspects are charged in the lower court.

On June 29 Justice Joseph Onguto dismissed seven applications filed by the suspects. He said that DPP Keriako Tobiko did not abuse his powers in preferring money laundering charges against them.

The 11 suspects had been ordered to present themselves in court today to be charged. They include businesswoman Josephine Kabura, businessman Ben Gethi, his mother Charity Wangui with city lawyer Patrick Onyango Ogola.

Others suspects are John Kago, Samuel Wachenje, Anthony Gethii Kihara, Benson Gachoka, Benson Gethi, John Hope Vandamme, Martin Gachara Wanjohi and Jedida Wangari.

Their lawyers Alex Masika, Ham Lagat and Joseph Wagara asked Milimani Chief Magistrate Daniel Ogembo to put plea taking on hold on grounds they have filed notice of appeal challenging the decision of the High Court.

LEAVE A REPLY