TWO COMMITTEE MEMBERS CHARGED OVER NYS SCANDAL.

0
1513

 

Kennedy Nyamao and Salim Ali Molla who are former Ministerial Tender Committee member before Nairobi Anti corruption Court on Wednesday November 2016.

By SAM ALFAN.
Two former Ministerial Tender Committee member were charged on Wednesday over an alleged irregular payment of Sh47.6 million to a company linked to National Youth Service (NYS) scam.

Kennedy Nyamao and Salim Ali Molla appeared before Senior Principal Magistrate Felix Kombo and denied the offence of conspiracy to commit an economic crime.
The two were among six people arrested after they failed to show up to take plea in an anti corruption Court on Friday.

They surrendered two days after former NYS deputy director Adan Gedow Harakhe and Devolution Ministry administrator Hassan Noor Hassan appeared in court.

So far, 21 of the 24 suspects named by police in the case have appeared in court over the Sh47.6 million payment to Blues Star Enterprises.

They are facing a charge of conspiring to commit an economic crime by irregularly paying Blues Star Enterprises the money from the Devolution Ministry between December 12, 2014 and September 28, 2015.

Former National Youth Service (NYS) Deputy Director General Adan Harakhe and Hassan Noor the former Ministerial Tender Committee chairman have been released on a 1 million shillings cash bail each or a bond of 3 million shillings.

The two pleaded not guilty to economic relates crimes after warrant of arrest issued to them last week was lifted.

“Accused are facing economic crimes which are matters of public interests and has been of public debate in the last few months” said Kombo.

While discharging the warrants, Anti-corruption Magistrate Felix Kombo said that there was miscommunication between the prosecution and the defense on the date to appear in court therefore discharged the warrants.

LEAVE A REPLY