The alleged mastermind in the loss of Sh791million youth money, Josephine Kabura who has lifted a warrant of arrest issued against issued against her on Friday at Milimani Chief Magistrate Court on Monday July 11,2016.
BY SAM ALFAN.
A Nairobi Court has lifted a warrant of arrest issued against alleged mastermind in the loss of Sh791million youth money, Josephine Kabura.
Milimani Chief Resident Magistrate Daniel Ogembo overturned the decision after Kabura through her lawyer Chris Otieno explained to the court that she was in busia last Friday.
However, the magistrate warned her against missing court dates, failure to which the bail granted to her shall be cancelled with immediate effect.
Kabura who this afternoon appeared before the court argued that on the material day she arrived late in the city from Busia and found that the matter had been mentioned and a warrant of arrest issued against her.
She however told the court she will adhere to court proceedings.
Kabura will tomorrow morning together with 10 others appear before the said magistrate for directions in the case.
It is also when a medical report on the health of another suspect Charity Gethi is expected to be tabled.
CM Ogembo had directed that all the accused persons in the matter appear in court next week on Tuesday.
The 11 accused persons are expected to appear for the hearing of an application in which they are challenging the jurisdiction of the magistrate court to prosecute them.
The prosecution has opposed that application arguing that they are delaying the matter and should take plea in earnest.