HARAKHE,NOOR PLEADS NOT GUILTY TO GRAFT CHARGES OVER NYS SCAM.

0
1366

img_20161128_143139

Former National Youth Service (NYS) Deputy Director General Adan Harakhe and Hassan Noor the former Ministerial Tender Committee chairman before Nairobi anti corruption Court on Monday November 28, 2016.

BY SAM ALFAN.

Former National Youth Service (NYS) Deputy Director General Adan Harakhe and Hassan Noor the former Ministerial Tender Committee chairman have been released on a 1 million shillings cash bail each or a bond of 3 million shillings.

The two pleaded not guilty to economic relates crimes after warrant of arrest issued to them last week was lifted.

“Accused are facing economic crimes which are matters of public interests and has been of public debate in the last few months” said Kombo.

While discharging the warrants, Anti-corruption Magistrate Felix Kombo said that there was miscommunication between the prosecution and the defense on the date to appear in court therefore discharged the warrants.

“The two were not bonded for last Friday, they were directed to appear in court this Tuesday,” court heard.

The two pleaded not guilty to abuse of office charges and willful failure to comply with the law relating to procurement law.

According to the charge sheet Noor is alleged to have failed to adhere to the procurement law by approving the use of restricted tendering method for the procurement of training materials in the automotive engineering faculty whereas the requirements of the said method had not been satisfied.

An offence alleged to have been committed on December 16th 2014.

Adan Harakhe is alleged to have abuse his office by improperly conferring a benefit to Blue Star Enterprise to wit over 47 million shillings by executing a local purchase order for the supply of automotive engineering training material to NYS without procurement procedures having been complied with.

An offence alleged to have been committed on diverse dates between March 3rd 2015 and April 10 2015.

They two  are among the 24 officials that are suspected to have defrauded the service of 1.6 billion Shillings . The other suspects were charged Friday.

Former Devolution PS Peter Mangiti was was released on  1 million Shillings  bail after he denied abuse of office and conspiracy to commit an economic crime.

LEAVE A REPLY